Alan S. CurtisM.D. Request An Appointment
- Sports Medicine
- Work Related Injuries
- Medical School – University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Residency – University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Fellowship – Southern California Orthopaedic Institute Sports Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Shoulder And Elbow Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
After completing the Southern California Sports Medicine (SCOI) Fellowship, Dr. Curtis developed a lasting interest and commitment to performing arthroscopic shoulder surgery. Most of his research has focused on the diagnosis and treatment of shoulder pathology, especially rotator cuff tears.
Dr. Curtis is committed to physician education. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Tufts University, serves as chief of the New England Baptist Hospital Bioskills Center, and founded and serves as chairman of the annual Boston Shoulder and Sports Symposium. Dr. Curtis served as team physician for Northeastern University from 1996 to 2004, and has been assistant team physician to the Boston Celtics since 1994.
Dr. Curtis’ practice is limited to minimally invasive and arthroscopic primary and revision shoulder surgery.
Practice Website: www.bostonssc.com