John J. TierneyD.O. Request An Appointment
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Medical School – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency – Genesys Regional Medical Center Michigan State University
- Fellowship – New England Baptist Hospital
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Osteopathic Association
- Eastern Orthopedic Association
- International Cartilage Repair Society
- Boston Orthopedics Association
- Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers
- Sports Medicine
Dr. Tierney is an Orthopedic Surgeon who serves as an Assistant Clinical Professor at Tufts University School of Medicine. He is fellowship trained and a Staff physician in Sports Medicine at New England Baptist Hospital. He currently serves as medical director for Greater Boston Orthopedic Center.
Dr. Tierney’s specialties include the arthroscopic treatment of shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle surgery, total knee replacements and Occupational Medicine. With a primary interest in shoulder reconstruction he has over 10 years experience in the research and arthroscopic treatment of rotator cuff tears and instability of the shoulder. He is active in stem cell research in repairing cartilage in arthritic joints and in the treatment and prevention of arthritis via a holistic approach.
Dr. Tierney has been treating Occupational (workman’s compensation) injuries for over nine years and brings a “Professional Athlete’s care” approach to the treatment of the “industrial athletes” injury. This includes a rapid diagnosis and treatment so as to return the worker to a better than pre injury status.
Dr. Tierney serves as the team physician for Westwood High School and is active in USA Gymnastics.