Jinsil K. SungM.D. Request An Appointment
- Medical School – University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Internship- Boston Medical Center, General Surgery
- Residency – Boston Medical Center, Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship – Brown University Rhode Island Hospital: Hand, Upper Extremity and Microvascular Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons – AAOS; Member
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand – ASSH; Member
- Massachusetts Orthopaedic Association; Board Member
- New England Orthopedic Society; Member
- New England Hand Society; Member
- Boston Magazine Top Doctor (2017,2019,2020,2021,2022)
- Exceptional Women in Medicine (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor – 5 Years (2022)
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Hand Surgery
Dr. Jinsil Sung is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in hand and upper extremity for both adult and pediatric patients. Her clinical interests include both acute injuries, such as fractures and lacerations, as well as more chronic ailments, such as arthritis, Dupuytren’s disease, and nerve dysfunction. Dr. Sung grew up in Maryland but completed her undergraduate degree at MIT where she received a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry. She then received her medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine where she was a Dean’s Scholarship Recipient and a Hans R. Wilhelmsen Prize Winner for Outstanding Achievement in Surgery.
Dr. Sung completed her Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Boston University Medical Center and finished her fellowship in Hand, Microvascular, and Upper Extremity Surgery at Brown University. She is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and holds a Subspecialty Certification in Hand Surgery. Dr. Sung is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, serves on the Board of the Massachusetts Orthopaedic Society, and is a member of the American Society for the Surgery of the Hand, New England Hand Society, and New England Orthopaedic Society.
Prior to joining Boston Orthopaedics and Spine, Dr. Sung was Chief of Hand Surgery at Norwood Hospital. She has been named Best of Boston in Hand Surgery for 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, Exceptional Women in Medicine in 2019-2021, and a Castle Connolly Top Doctor- 5 years.
Practice website: www.bostonorthoandspine.com